The Shaudy Life

Sunday, April 16, 2006

A Day in the life of an insomniac

INT. MOM'S OFFICE - NIGHT

I think in sluglines.

For some reason, I am awake. It's 4 in the am, and I am still awake. Just got done reading Lee Goldberg's and William Rabkin's "Successful Television Screenwriting." Fabulous book!!! Absolutely amazing! I've never read an industry book that I haven't been able to put down, even if it's a topic I'm really interested in. They've got humor and wit. And they're a little cynical and neurotic, which makes me more comfortable with being cynical and neurotic, myself. Fantastic book. Mmmmm. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Went to a party tonight. That's right, NEWSFLASH!!! A college student went to a party. Holy shit, alert CNN. But it wasn't that kind of party. A friend of my dad's turned 50. It was that kind of a party. But, low and behold, things were not all a loss. The party was somewhat entertaining, and there was a lot of good, free food -- no complaints there. But there were some friends I wanted to see while I was down in San Diego, and because of this party, I did not see them. Being that I was with a bunch of 50 year olds, talking about their new found backpains, I headed for the bar. And behind the bar -- AN ANGEL. An amazingly beautiful Egyptian/Irish New Yorker named Monica. I'm not kidding you, so beautiful! And funny! Shit, she laughed at my jokes, of course I fell for the girl. Hehe. And she gave me her card. With her cell number on it. But she mentioned ex-boyfriends -- does that mean she is 100% straight? Or could it possibly mean she's bisexual? Or does it just mean that she hasn't held the power of "THE NINA?" So many possibilities! But hey, worst comes to worst, I have yet another REALLY HOT friend.

Passive verbs come from the devil,
--N--

2 Comments:

Blogger Iziezi said...

Hey, thanks for posting on my blog! Hope my current post about my filming experience doesn't tarnish anyone's reputation either.

I like your writing style, I look forward to reading more!

10:54 PM  
Blogger Lee Goldberg said...

You made my day! It's nice to know that at my age I can still keep a young woman up all night.

For what it's worth, I am more than little cynical and neurotic...I think that's a requirement of being a writer.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home