The Shaudy Life

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

INT. NINA'S ROOM - NIGHT...REALLY LATE...REALLY REALLY LATE...

I have about 40 pages of my screenplay to write before 9:00am. I'm one page...umm...50. I need to be on 90 for class tomorrow. AHHHH! BIT WRITER FREAKOUT!!!! And I am somewhat loathing my script. It's a really cool concept, if I do say so myself, but I'm so afraid of (pardon my sailor's mouth) FUCKING it up. Because frankly...that's what's going to happen! And no matter how much I tell myself, "I can always change it, I can always change it," I'm stunted. It's outlined, it's been mulled over a billion times through my brain -- this should be easy. But it's not.

I hate writer's block! And, on top of that, there's a scene that is critical that I have tomorrow...but do I have it? NOPE! Not in the least! I don't even know where to being! But, naturally, I'm putting all of my writing efforts into a blog that virtually no one reads (apologies to my lovely actress friend, and to Lee).

I've got plenty of energy, considering I woke up at 2:00 in the afternoon, and I've had probably a lethal dose of caffeine. Oh yes, I have the Pepsi shakes! Hehehe...wait, that sounds weird. CONSIDER THIS: I don't mean Pepsi shakes, like milk shakes...I mean, my hands are shaking as I type, and I've probably also had a pack of Camels within the past 4 hours. I get a rush of creativity, then immediately go out for a cigarette. And come back inside -- AND THERE IT SITS. My screenplay, looming over me like an angry corba about to strike. Okay, maybe not to that extent.

Don't get me wrong, I love screenwriting. Absolutely LOVE it. I couldn't imagine doing anything else. Accept for blogging at 3 in the morning to pass the time, of course. But you know what I mean. It's my passion, it's what keeps me going in the mornings. Well, that and Red Bull. Wow, I drink a lot of caffeine. My liver is probably cursing my name right now. "Damn you, Nina. I swear, it doesn't matter that you barely drink -- you are drowning me in filth!" Okay, the dialogue needs work, but you get the picture. HELP!!! MY SCREENPLAY IS SHIT!!!!

Actually, it's decent, I'm just freaking myself out because -- I don't really know, to be honest. Why do I do that? Ahhh, self-sabotage. A wonderfully crafted device to kill my hopes and dreams in one foul SWOOP.

Argh.

Poop.

My back hurts. My headache is gone, though. Ahh, back to perspective. And boobs, of course. But I think we've already gone over that. Moving on...

Everyone is zzzzzz-ing. Actually, my roommates are probably fucking in the next room, because they do that a lot. Go fucking. Glad people are getting laid. I've noticed recently that there is a pattern when it comes to relationships/sex. During the winter months are when break-ups happen the most. Me and Amy, Dan and Emily...there's more, but I don't feel like rehashing peoples' pain right now. And in the spring, things start to blossom! Dan and Alayna, Tim and Crystal, Erika and Scott (although, they never really had a huge problem...oh wait, never mind...there was that one thing...I'm blabbing in parenthesis...I do need sleep), Tony and Jessica. All having wonderful sex (why I know this, I do not know), and all in blooming relationships. Well, summer doesn't start for a little while, so I guess I have some time to catch up. Mmmm, Monica. We'll see about her.

I should get back to my screenplay. It will bite me HARD in the ass if I don't, so I don't want to be in the doghouse with the wonderful Brian Price (screenwriting teacher, and lord of all to exist) tomorrow. Until next time.

Passive verbs...ah, fuck it,
--N--

1 Comments:

Blogger Iziezi said...

Hey, don't worry about how many people are reading your blog. I only have two regular readers also, if you enjoy writing your blog, slowly you'll collect more readers.

BTW, love your pic, it's got so much energy to it!

Looking forward to more posts!

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home