The Shaudy Life

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

SCRREEEEEECH.

INT. BEDROOM - DAWN

I just heard the most horrifying sound.

I was outside, smoking yet another cigarette when all of a sudden, I hear a cat down the street. Now, the cat was SCREAMING. I'm telling you, screaming. As if the cat was being raped by a rhinoceros. I was petrified. Yet fascinated. I probably should feel guilty, but I'm too far tired to truly care.

To all screenwriters:

I have been working on my screenplay (A Boy and a Girl) for the past 4 months. And, as far as features go, I'm pretty sure it's normal to feel like your characters are like friends that just exist on paper/in your head. For the past couple hours, I've been talking to this girl (Presley) that I met on myspace. Yes, yes, I know myspace is from satan, yadda-yadda-yadda. But it turns out that she is the total embodiment of one of my main characters (Julie, the love interest of my protag.) She even looks exactly like I pictured her!! To the Tee! I'm racking my brain, because this is just too weird. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Lee Goldberg, has this ever happened to you? I mean, besides when you're done casting, of course. This is insane!

Okay, rant over. But she inspired me (in a weird way) to write, so now, instead of having 40 plus pages to write, I only have 27 or so to go. But, then again, I only have 2 hours to get them taken care of!! But the good news is that I've already written 7 of those pages...took a short cut for last week's assignment, just wrote the required "page 75 scene." So, 20 pages to go -- 2 hours to go. 10 pages an hour. Should be an interesting 2 hours!!

"Passive verbs"...I don't know why I even bother anymore,
--N--

1 Comments:

Blogger Iziezi said...

That is really weird, but really awesome that you met someone in real life that embodies your character and inspired your writing! IMHO, the Universe provides yet again!

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home