The Shaudy Life

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Another book...

INT. BEDROOM - NIGHT

After getting absolutely no sleep last night, I finished writing 26 pages. That was 26 pages in about...hmmm...6-7 hours? Something like that. I'm pretty proud. But to be honest, I have no idea what the fuck I actually wrote.

Before I really got on a roll last night, I mustered up the courage to email Monica (since her email address was on the business card she gave me). Looked for bar tending jokes for about 45 minutes to get the right one to send to her -- and ended up doing a blog-style rant!! Granted, I wrote it at about 3am, and I was completely brain-dead. The email I sent could have either gone really, REALLY well -- or really, REALLY badly. Turns out, it went well! She emailed me back today!!! And she was being cute and witty. Oh dear god, I hope she doesn't find this blog and think I'm some kind of weirdass stalker. Meh, too late now. Well, I guess there's always the whole 'ctrl-A/delete' function. But that requires a little bit more effort than I'm willing to put in. Wrote her another email a few minutes ago. I should learn not to write emails at the wee hours of the mornin'. Well, that and the only sleep I've gotten since Monday was a 3 hour nap at Dan's house tonight. Why am I awake again?

Back to my post title -- yes, a new book! Granted, I've only read the introduction -- but I like it already! It's called, "Writing Television Sitcoms," by Evan S. Smith. Should be good. I'm trying to broaden my horizons (or some kind of zen shit like that) when it comes to my upcoming career.

I figured out one of my problems when it comes to writing. I'm way too focused on the future -- being on a staff, what should I would be working for, etc. And I haven't even finished one script! Technically, I'm not even a real screenwriter until I've finished -- AND I TOTALLY HAVEN'T!!!! But, granted, I'm well on my way. And the next week or two will be really intense, writing wise. May have to stop playing strip monopoly to avoid my educational duties. Sad day.

I'm going to go and do something productive -- probably read/edit the scripts (all 9 of them) that need to get taken care of by tomorrow's class. Ugh. If I have to write another "How Do We Know?" comment, I just might vomit. That, and I'm tired of circling/x-ing out 'is' and 'are.' Come on people!!! Hehe...and there's your daily rant.

Not even going to bother with the usual ending comment,
--N--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home