The Shaudy Life

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Hookah, nicotine, and caffeine...

INT. NINA'S BEDROOM - EARLY AS FUCK IN THE MORNING

5 hours until class, and 30 pages left to write. EEEP.

So, I'm totally freaking out --- our final assignment in my screenwriting class is to do coverage on someone else's script. Great assignment, but here's the thing -- Brian Price (the embodiment of perfection, and my teacher) knows that not all of us are going to actually FINISH our screenplays -- so he said to summarize all of the scenes that we haven't gotten to yet, so the script will make total sense.

My problem with that -- I've slacked off a bit, for one. Okay, not a bit, A LOT. But -- I have about 7 scenes that I need to add, and I've only done 2 so far. Oh god, 4 hours until my econ final -- EEEP again! Not that I'm freaking out or anything.

So, I'm smoking hookah, sipping on my rum/coke (why I'm drinking? NOT A CLUE), and going out of my mind. It turns out that the ending I originally planned on will TOTALLY NOT WORK, so I have to come up with an entirely new ending by...hmmm...9am?! And it's about 5:45 or so -- should be interesting.

But you know what? It's my first draft, my shit draft, my puke draft -- and I'll just re-write it later. Because I just can. Thank god I'm not being commissioned! Although, I have a feeling that I would totally be more motivated if I had a million producers and studio execs breathing down my neck every five minutes.

End scene.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home